A NON-PROFIT organization creating a judgment free environment by educating the public about today’s social issues through social media & entertainment within music, dance and acting.
#antibully #antiviolence #racialunity #lgbtq #equalrights #autismawareness and so much more…
Awards or Charitable Donations
You may choose between receiving awards or Donating the value of your awards to Spark Evolution.
You have the option to donate either (All Solo/Duet/Trio, Group awards or Both)
When choosing to donate please select to donate on your registration account at the time of entry. Properly prepare all teachers, parents and competitors that although scores will be announced no physical awards will be given for those routines. Competitors should stand to be recognized when their routines are announced. Schools donating will receive recognition on Spark & TE website, social media & TE Event Re-cap.
Please Note: These donations have been arranged by your school, please respect their decision. Questioning the school’s decision & your donation can be cause for nullification of Cash Prize Certificates, Spark Wheel Prizes, recognition announcements & possible disqualification. Awards may be purchased during the event or ordered online by at https://tecomps.com/ (shipping required).
When awarded 1st, 2nd & 3rd place
Group competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon & an award given to the studio.
Solo & D/T competitors will each receive a plaque.
After 3rd Place
Group competitors will each receive an adjudicated pin or ribbon and a plaque given to the studio.
Solo & D/T competitors will each receive a medal.
Productions will be announced during the Top 5 and/or 10 Awards.
Top 5 and/or 10 Awards
(Up to $4,350 in Cash Prize Certificates awarded per event)
Musical Theatre, Acting, Song & Dance may be combined with Vocal & Instrumental routines for Top 5 and/or 10 & OHS.*
- *TIES ARE BROKEN BY THE JUDGES. (Judge’s Decisions are Final)
- Productions, Super Star, Parent, Student & Teacher routines are not eligible for Top 5 and/or 10.
- Dance & Acro combined (Musical Theatre, Acting, Vocal, Instrumental, Song & Dance combined) for Top 5 and/or 10 along with Overall HS if there is enough competition in these categories to do so.
- Top 5 and/or 10 are given to Mini (6 & Under), Junior (7-9 and/or 10-12) & Senior (13-15 and/or 16-18), Adults (19 & Up) for Rising, Shooting & All Star levels in solos, duet/trios, (small groups, large groups, mega groups are combined).
- There must be a minimum of 5 routines in each age, level & division for JR (7-9/10-12) or SR (13-15/16-18) to be awarded separately. If there are less than 5 in each age all JR’s will be combined & all SR’s will be combined.
- If there are 10 or more routines in each age, level & division then Top 10 will be announced.
- Modeling routines are all one level and separated for Top 5 and/or 10.
- All ages in the Shining Star level are combined for Top 5 and/or 10.
- If your competitor has more than one solo their highest scoring solo will be announced in Top 5 and/or 10 if qualified for Top scores.
- When necessary TE may combine ages, divisions, genres and/or levels for Top 5 and/or 10. If there are less than 5 routines; Top 5 will not be awarded.
1st Place Top 5 and/or 10 are awarded a Banner to the school. Ribbons are given to each competitor.
In addition, 1st Place Top 10 winners will receive Certificates awarded to the school (Shooting & All Star Levels Only).
Top 2 – 10 will receive a placement certificate awarded to the school.
Top Scoring Productions
There must be 3 or more productions to award a skyscraper trophy.
A Skyscraper (6’+) Trophy is awarded to the school with the highest scoring production. Adjudicated pins or ribbons are given to each competitor.
After 1st place Trophy awarded to the school & adjudicated pins or ribbons to each competitor.
Overall High Scores
Musical Theatre, Acting, Song & Dance may be combined with Vocal & Instrumental routines for Top 5 and/or 10 & OHS*
- Overall High Score (OHS) of the event combines JR/SR routines in each level.
- Dance/Acro combined & Musical/Theatre/Acting/Vocal/Instrumental/Song & Dance combined for separate OHS in each level. Rising, Shooting and All Star Levels are awarded.
- There must be 20 or more Dance/Acro & Musical Theatre/Vocal/Instrumental/Song & Dance routines in each level to award an OHS separately.
- There must be 20 or more routines in each level Rising, Shooting & All Star to be award an OHS separately.
- Modeling, Productions, Mini, Shining Star, Super Star, Adult, Parent, Student & Teacher routines are not eligible for OHS of the event.
School will be awarded an OHS Award & Certificate, competitors receive HS paddles.
Regionals Only: Entertainer Nominees
Judges may nominate qualified group routines, based on entertainment value only that may vie for the Entertainer of the Year Cup at Nationals.
Nationals Only: Entertainer of the Year Winners
Eligibility for EOTY:
Qualified Regionally Nominated Entertainer of The Year Routines may compete in Nationals
- Top 3 EOTY will be announced during the Dance Party to perform again at our Final Award Ceremony Showcase.
- This prestigious cup is awarded to one routine per Nationals based solely on its entertainment value.
- Prove you’re ready for the big time by participating and competing for the EOTY Title, Cup & Bragging rights, but that’s not all.
- Winning routine can compete at following years Nationals to try to keep your EOTY Title. Choreographer of the winning routine will have the opportunity to teach and appear in the next “Dance It Out” Music Video at next seasons Nationals. Choreographer and studio name recognition will appear in the music video credits.
The Spark Award
Have a routine portraying a Social Issue?
You can now be considered for our Spark Nomination at Regionals!
Nominated routines that perform at our National Finals will compete for our Spark Award and the chance to promote your Social Awareness Issue on the TE & Spark websites the following Competition Season.
Awarded by the judges to routines they would like to acknowledge during each session. 1 Certificate given to the school and special award ribbons or bracelets given to each competitor.
Sportsmanship, Choreography, Spark Evolution, ADCC, & Genelle Picture Perfect awards presented to winning schools at every event. Judges may award additional Event Specials of their choice.
ADCC Studio of Excellence Award
The Studio of Excellence Award is Given to a studio that exemplifies the mission and purpose of The ADCC, Uniting to promote Quality. Integrity, and Opportunity within the Dance competition industry. From registration to the event, competitors, studio staff and family members will be watched to see who exhibits overall studio excellence. Easy to work with, shows all competitors and TE staff respect, shares dressing room space, keeps facilities clean etc. Studio will receive a plaque and a featured ad with the ADCC.
ADDITIONAL EVENT AWARDS
- Genelle’s Picture Perfect Award – Honoring long time staff member and TE photographer who passed in 2021. This award will be chosen by judges and media crew for the routine with the most picture-perfect moments.
- Sportsmanship – Chosen by judges and staff. Schools are watched throughout the event to see who portrays the best sportsmanship. We encourage you to go home with one or more friends than you came with (only given at events where there are not studio blocks).
- Choreography – Judge’s look past technique and into the core of the choreography.
- Judge’s Choice – A routine or school’s performances that stand out throughout the event.
- Showmanship – Schools with outstanding showmanship in their performances.
- Triple Threat– given to a competitor or school showing outstanding singing, dancing and acting skills.
- Passion– Awarded to a competitor or school who perform their hearts out.
- Creativity – Awarded to a routine or school with outside the box thinking.
- Bound for Big Things – Awarded to a competitor or school destined for greatness.