Nationals Theme: A “Toontastic” Event
- Competitors receiving a High Gold or higher are eligible for Nationals.
- Please view the Tour Schedule Page for all National Locations.
- 1st day of all Nationals begin with Last Chance Regional’s, followed by Solos and possibly D/T. Tentative schedule will be posted on our Directors & Parent Page shortly.Please keep in mind schedules are customized based on entries received and subject to change. Be aware of special group rates & hotel cancellation policies. TE will be unable to provide itineraries by the cancellation date.
- All National competitors can participate in our FREE workshops and showcase at the Final Award Ceremony.
- All participants chosen for the TE Elite Team who attend Nationals must be available for the entire event and attend with their school along with qualified entry fees. (Schedule flexibility is a must)
- To participate in private Elite Team workshops, showcase and the next Social Issue Music Videos, Elite Team nominees must compete in a TE Nationals. Elite Team members should be willing to travel to the designated locations of the video shoot.
- Showcase Requirements: attending the workshops you’re interested in, the Dress Rehearsal & purchase of pre-ordered Nationals or TE Elite Team T-shirts (Additional costuming TBA). Attendance at the workshops & dress rehearsal is your commitment to participate in the National Finals Showcase.
- National Finals Toontastic! Costume Party (Come dressed as your favorite cartoon character) & participate in our “Rep Your Studio” Dance Off Battle.
- Titles/Scholarships, Entertainer of The Year Cup and more.
|DIAMOND DANCE CHALLENGE|
Diamond Dance Challenge – Back by Popular Demand for Nationals Finals Only!
Experience Live Critiquing as seen on TV! Take the Challenge!
$500 Cash Prize Winner Takes All!
$50 upgrade for each routine competed.
Upgraded routines receive live & audio critiques.
Your routines compete in its regular scheduled category and for all additional awards.
Age, level, routine size and genre will not be separated for the Diamond Dance Challenge.
Note: Minimum of 10 routines or more for a $500 Cash prize, less than 10 routines a $500 Cash Certificate towards the next season’s entries.
|ADDITIONAL NATIONAL AWARDS|
Title Requirements: Regional rules apply to Nationals along with information below
- Dance/Acro will be combined for Title
- Vocal/Instrumental will be combined for Title
- SR Competitors interested in Scholarships must compete in the Title category at Regionals to be eligible for Title & Scholarships at Nationals
- Directors must fill out an entry form for each qualified competitor and return it with your National Finals entries
MINI REQUIREMENTS (6 & Under) – Minimum of 2 routines, including their Title solo, duet/trio or group performance.
JUNIOR REQUIREMENTS (7-12yrs) – Minimum of 3 routines in 2 different performance categories, including their Title solo, duet/trio or group performances.
SENIOR REQUIREMENTS (13-18yrs) – Minimum of 4 routines in 2 different performance categories, including their Title solo, duet/trio or group performances.
- Q&A along with your Composite scores will be used to determine the Title Winners. Q&A Scores will have up to 5 points per judge. Highest score wins. Top 3 will be announced. Please Note: On Stage question will take place before the start of your Title solo.
- There must be 5 or more competitors SR age divisions for scholarships to be awarded at each Nationals. We combine Miss, Mister, Dance, Acro, Vocal & Instrumental for the Scholarship Prize. Highest Scoring Title winners within the SR age divisions will win the Scholarship.
- A check no less than $250 will be awarded to each scholarship winner. Checks will be made out to the registered school and applied towards the competitor’s school tuition the following season.
- 1stplace Mini, JR & SR Miss TE win’s the Title, Crown and Sash.
- 2-3rdplace Mini, JR & SR Miss TE runner up’s win a Crown, pin & placement ribbon.
- 1stplace Mini, JR & SR Mister TE win’s the Title, Crown and Sash.
- 2-3rdplace Mini, JR & SR Mister TE runner up’s win a plaque & placement ribbon.
Entertainer of the Year
Who Will Win The Cup? Will It Be You?
Top 3 EOTY will be announced to perform again at our National Final Showcase.
This prestigious award is given at our National Final Championships Only and presented to the most Entertaining Routine.
Prove you’re ready for the big time by participating & competing for the EOTY Title, Cup & Bragging Rights, but that’s not all.
Winner receives a Free routine at next seasons Nationals for the Chance to keep your EOTY Title.
Choreographer of the winning routine will have the opportunity to choreograph, teach & appear in the next “Dance It Out” Music Video at next seasons Nationals.
Choreographer & Studio Name recognition will appear in the music video credits.
Eligibility for EOTY:
- Register for Nationals with a minimum entry fee.
- Register & pay for your routine nominated by the judges at regionals.
- Judges nominated routine size may change from regionals to nationals, if it is still a group routine.
- Optional: Directors may nominate an additional large group, mega group or production for EOTY.
“FREE Single & Music Video” Awarded to Top National Vocalist
Top Vocalist Award Sponsored by Spark Evolution
JR Solo Winners (7-12yrs): Receive a Free Song Single.
SR Solo Winners (13-18yrs): Receive a Free Song Single & Music Video.
Song Singles produced, written, recorded, mix & mastered by FRMG.
Song Singles & Music Video’s won in our SR division will be social issue themed with a PSA announcement included in each video.
JR & SR D/T & Group Winners: Receive 5 Hours of Free Recording time at FRMG Studios.
There must be 5 or more routines in the JR & SR vocal genre and divisions to present these awards. Song Singles will be awarded to the highest scoring Junior & Senior competitor in the vocal category at the Shooting Star and/or All Star Levels combined. All highest scoring winners will receive 25% off recording time at Foreign Republic Media Group (FRMG) Studios for a period of One Year.
Rep Your Studio Awards
Rep Your Studio: Team Spirit
Judges and staff will be judging throughout the event. The school with the best team energy will win the “Rep Your School Team Spirit Award”. Make your school proud by showing good sportsmanship and supporting your fellow classmates. Wear your school gear, team shirts, hats, signs, pants, jackets, etc. and be proud to Rep Your school. Parents and visitors are invited to be involved in supporting their school.
Winners will be announced at our National Finals Showcase.
Rep Your Studio Dance Battle: (Nationals Party)
- The school Battle winner is presented the “Rep Your School Dance Battle Award”
- Consisting of all styles of dance, choreography & freestyle included
- Round 1: 1-minute Choreographed routine themed with your favorite cartoon
- Top routines make it to round 2
- Round 2: 1-minute freestyle
- Round 3: Top 2 Battle it out for the trophy (Choreo & Freestyle accepted)
- Round 1: music must be uploaded to your registration account 3 weeks prior
- Music is DJ’s choice for round 2 & 3