TE INTERNATIONAL VIRTUAL PERFORMING ARTS COMPETITION & FUNDRAISER
A Portion of Ticket Donations will go to Spark Evolution & Spark’s “Light A Spark! Make a Difference” Studio Grant Program
View Here for a full list of our Performance Categories including but not limited to (Acro, Acting Monologues, Character/Musical Theater, Dancing, Instrumental, Modeling & Vocals): https://thatsentertainmentpa.com/welcome-parents-2020/performance-categories-parents-2020/
VIRTUAL COMPETITION RULES & GUIDELINES
- International schools/studios and competitors are accepted.
- TE will be accepting independent and school/studio entries. You can ONLY REGISTER UNDER ONE ACCOUNT. Please be advised that all entries registered under a school/studio submission cannot be registered again independently for the same virtual event. (No Independent entries accepted at live events)
- Group Routines can only be submitted by a Studio, School, Team, or Hip Hop Crew not through an independent account.
- All routines must qualify at a Regional with a gold score or higher.
- Any routines that did not perform or did not score gold or higher, may qualify at our Last Chance Regional Virtual Qualifier.
- There will be 1 last chance virtual qualifier.
- Video submissions must be uploaded to your registration account no later than May 22, 2022.
- The event will be featured June 5, 2022.
- Additional competitors from all over are still eligible to participate in this virtual event even if unable to attend Nationals
- All current levels, ages, divisions, time limits, performance categories & competition rules still apply.
- Event schedules will be emailed to the email on file prior to the event date
- Entry Fees cover the processing of entries. No Refunds for any reason.
- All videos must be uploaded properly following the instructions below or can be cause for point deductions and/or disqualification without refunds.
- By entering our Virtual Competition, you accept that all judges’ decisions are final.
- TE is not responsible for any injuries occurred during the filming of these videos.
- By participating in this event you give permission for images to be used solely for the purposes of That’s Entertainment, Partner Companies & Sponsors for casting, promotional materials and publications, including the That’s Entertainment website, Social Media, Music Videos, Event Re-caps, Interviews, and more. I further agree to waive any rights of compensation or ownership thereto.
- Bad sportsmanship of any kind in person or virtually can be cause for disqualification without refunds. This includes soliciting of competitors.
LAST CHANCE VIRTUAL REGIONALS
– All routines must qualify at a Regional with a gold score or higher.
– Any routines that did not perform or did not score gold or higher, may qualify at our –Last Chance Regional Virtual Qualifier.
– There will be 1 last chance virtual qualifier.
– Video submissions must be uploaded to your registration account no later than May 23, 2022.
– The event will be featured June 5, 2022.
– Additional competitors from all over are still eligible to participate in this virtual event even if unable to attend Nationals
- ALL Videos must be submitted in m4v or mp4 format.
- We will accept videos from previous competitions, recitals or other performances.
- Professional videos are not required. Videos may be recorded on any device you may have and may be filmed in any environment.
- Be sure videos are clear and properly display all competitors.
- Minimize background Items.
- No other individuals should appear in the video besides the performer(s).
- Film your video with you facing the camera so the judges can properly critique.
- Graphics, intros and exits are not accepted.
- All video submissions must be unedited with no splicing.
- All videos must be uploaded to your registration account.
– HOW TO UPLOAD YOUR VIDEO INSTRUCTIONS
- Video is identical to music, except the file types are different.
- Videos must be the following types: mp4, m4v
- The system will support a video file that is taken from a phone, or a previous competition video as long it’s the correct format.
***There are free video tools such as Handbrake.fr that can help you change formats and reduce the size. Very large high definition files are not helpful for judging, and make its difficult to manage.
– HOW TO UPLOAD PHOTOS
- Click on Photos icon to show the upload area.
- Photos must be one of the following types: png, jpeg, jpg
- You can drag and drop the image directly onto the Photo container, or click the Upload link and navigate the file.
- To replace the photo, simply drag and drop or click the Upload link again. Click delete picture to remove the photo
*** The icon of photos will change to include the checkbox when our photos are uploaded.
- The event & awards will either be Broadcasted via viewstub.
- Tickets are a minimum donation of $6 + service fees. A Portion of Ticket Donations will go to Spark Evolution & Spark’s “Light A Spark! Make a Difference” Studio Grant Program
- The event will be recorded and can be viewed on your viewstub.com account for up to 90 days.
- Viewstub.com will require you to have a free viewstub.com account to view any events supported by viewstub.com.
SCORING & CRITIQUES
Scores & Audio critiques will be done by three qualified judges.
Judges may interchange by session and/or genres.
One Judge will be from a Talent and/or Management Agency. They’re critique will be based off technique and what agencies are looking for.
Although costumes, hair and make-up are encouraged, we will accept videos with or without formal costuming.
Overall appearance scores will be based on age appropriate choreography, music, outfit and/or costume.
Scores and critiques will be added to your registration account within one (1) week of the event.
Please view here for additional information on our judging criteria and scoring.
- Awards will be announced at the end of the event.
- Adjudication and placement awards presented in each category will be awarded.
- Judges Specials, Elite Team, Titles, EOTY & Spark Nominations, Top 3/5/or 10, Event Specials & Overall High Scores will be awarded.
- Top 3 is only announced for Mini’s, Vocals/Instrumentals, Modeling, & Productions if there is not enough for a Top 5 or 10.
- Please view here for more information on our awards breakdown. Keep in mind modifications have been made to accommodate a virtual event.
– Awards received for our Virtual Competitions are as follow:
- Adjudicated ribbons and/or pins will be awarded to each competitor.
- 2nd -10th place of Top 5 or 10 winners, Judges Specials, Elite Team, Event Specials (Choreography, Judges, Choice, Showmanship etc.), EOTY & Spark Nominations will receive Physical or Virtual Certificates.
- Titles will receive a sash.
- 1st Place of Top 5 or 10 winners will receive a plaque/street sign.
- Overall High Scoring routines for Rising, Shooting, All Star & Production will receive a banner.
- Cash prize certificates will only be awarded for live events.
- All awards will be provided to your school for pick up at a Regional or National TE event you are attending or mailed to the school.
- If you would like to purchase awards to display in your studio or have for your personal competitor, please view here: www.tecomps.com
- Once you have created an account you will need to wait for a TE representative to activate it. You will know your account is active when you receive an email from firstname.lastname@example.org. (Be sure to provide a cell phone number)
- All payments will be made on your Tour Pro Account
- You may pull any existing payments from postponed events to put towards virtual competitions. TE will subtract those fees from your payments.
- Any Certificates from our, 2021 Regionals, Nationals & Credits can be used towards Virtual Events.
- Double check all entries on your account; changes will not be accepted once schedules have been emailed.
- Be sure you register with your mailing address. Your mailing address should be somewhere you can receive items such as, trophies, boxes, bulk packages, etc.
- TE will not be responsible for any fees charged on returned or re-sent items. If you already have an account, please double check this.
- TE will not be responsible for awards mailed to incorrect addresses posted to your accounts.